Friday 7 December 2012

Countdown to Holiday Spirit Blogfest...meanwhile tell us about your November. NaNoWriMo? Another writing project or two?

Hello RFWers! Welcome back!

November is over - December is flying by and still no word from Donna and Denise - until now.


We'd like to hear how your November went. What did you get up to writing-wise? I'm happy to report my most successful NaNoWriMo yet, with 50,000+ words completed of a Harlequin-style novel set in Fiji . I am trying to find time to polish it most days, so I can get this one edited and off to the publisher at Harlequin Escape.

Donna didn't participate in NaNo, but had various writing projects to complete. She even finished a couple and felt pretty good about the results

As well as NaNo, I attended RFW and writing group member Charmaine's book launch for her middle-grade novel, My Zombie Dog. That was a fun-filled morning at Black Cat Books and Cafe in Brisbane. Indie bookstores are very strong in Oz! For the whole of November - and continuing still -  Charmaine and I were/are writing buddies, meeting in the State Library of Queensland and writing up a storm.


Our Holiday Spirit Blogfest linky goes up next Wednesday 12 Dec. or even a little earlier if the spirit moves me.  I hope you'll join us - post the badge on your blog and spread the word if you haven't already! There are no word limits - you can read the updated guidelines in the previous post by Donna and on the Challenges page. Go for it - anything holiday related - we want to hear about it. Remember, you can post more than one entry. 

Please say hi in the comments and let us know about your writing successes/projects...




18 comments:

  1. Hi, I missed you all in November!! Looking forward to the stories in December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sally! We missed you all too, for sure. Looking forward to great entries for December.

      Delete
    2. Hi Sally; missed you too.

      ........dhole

      Delete
  2. Congrat's on your NANO success Denise, and Donna on your work to finish several projects.

    I finished NANO too, with just over 50,000 words and posted an excerpt from it for the Zombie blog hop -- that part of my writing was a real surprise, but it fit that section of the story. We'll see where it takes me.

    Looking forward to RFW holiday spirit blog hop! But really looking forward to a whole NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Yolanda; looking forward to reading your excerpt.

      .......dhole

      Delete
    2. Congrats Yolanda on completing NaNo. I enjoyed your zombie story!

      Delete
  3. Congrats to you all who completed the NaNo or other projects! Good to have you back posting here. Thank you for your feedback on my link posted here earlier, much appreciated.
    Looking forward to the RFW HS!
    Have a great weekend all of you,
    Nilanjana.

    PS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a good weekend.

      ........dhole

      Delete
    2. Hi Nilanjana. Loved your story. Great to have you back.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to those who completed NANO. Looking forward to everyone's holiday posts. I have been awaiting the completion of my book's cover and interior layout. Hopefully I'll get to see it this week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it comes in time for Christmas Linda.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Denise and Donna .. NaNo sounds an 'nightmare' but I'm relieved to have a bit of breathing space - with fewer bloggers to visit!!

    Good luck to all writers for 2013 .. and happy reading and writing in the meantime .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how much writing you get done when you're not doing the rounds, oh, but I missed it. It's great to be back, and I'm making sure I keep my NaNo motivation - writing every morning from 7 - 10 on holidays...Thanks for visiting Hilary.

      Delete
  7. You made the launch a special morning Denise, thanks for overcoming your speaking phobia to introduce me! Meant the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. January 4th, 2013
    Dear Denise,
    Congratulations for winning NaNoWriMo!

    I had to stop writing mid-way through NaNo because of the lack of time. I suddenly found that I needed to get some things done that could not wait. So I spend a very expensive two weeks in December (4th to 17th) packing everything that was left in my parent's house before my brother sells it. It was a nightmare. But I got it done.

    I did not finish NaNoWriMo, but discovered, through reading about structure and plotting, what I need to do with my story to make it a novel. I am correcting the structure by writing an outline first. And I know now that I really need to set up "office-hours" for my writing. And I can't do it in November; as it is the worst time of year for me. I will never be able to write a novel in November. In July maybe, or perhaps even in February, but never in November. You need a lot of personal courage and conviction in order to write a novel, and a damp, dark, grey November in Sweden; and November is not the right time of year for personal courage and conviction.

    I will let you know if and when I finish writing anything longer than flash fiction.

    Now that I have retrieved so much old artwork from my parent's house, I may try to do illustration or painting again. I've got some ideas...

    I've missed our little band of romantic short fiction writers. Hope you all are well and happy. I am glad to hear the success-stories of others.

    Well done!

    Best wishes,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Join in the discussion. We care about your opinion.